Nov 25, 2011

November 25

I can't believe how long it has been since I posted last....since November 5th, we have traveled to Mississippi and celebrated Magnolia's very first Thanksgiving...this posting is going to be out of order b/c my friend Rebekka sent me some gorgeous pics from Thanksgiving that I don't have to crop or edit or upload or whatever.....the Mississippi pictures are scattered on all kinds of electronic devices.

so here goes.....there's a lot of pictures....we hosted Thanksgiving, so I got to cook my first turkey and plan my first table setting! Would you believe these leaves are real?!




The day started out with making paper poppy flowers

Magnolia had a great time playing and playing w/some stray knitting yarn....




Luke and Manley made homemade mashed potatoes all by themselves....for our friend Grace, whose 6mo old was in the hospital on Thanksgiving. Mashed potatoes are her favorite. The little guy is on the mend now and resting at home...and, for that, we are extremely thankful.



we had fun as a family...and missed our families....but half of them we left in Mississippi and the other half we will see in a few short weeks at Christmas! We are just so thankful for our friends and family both!


1 comment:

Teri said...

I LOVE your table setting, it is so pretty and festive!
How did you get the potatoes to swirl like that? I have never ever seen it done that way!
Magnolia is so pretty and so big! Glad you had a happy turkey day...gobble gobble :)